The Pet Pantry provides five consecutive months of pet food and supplies to patrons who may be experiencing financial hardships.
How to get started:
After filling out an application, participants will receive food that day while their application is being processed. Upon approval, a volunteer will call the Wednesday before your next Saturday pick-up (approximately one month apart).
We are open Saturdays only, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Food and supplies are donated by generous community partners. Please understand we may not be able to provide preferred food brands, flavors, or specific supplies. Pets with special food needs will need a note from their veterinarian and will only be fulfilled as funds allow.
- After two missed pick-ups, participant will be dropped from the program.
- The amount of food provided is based on the pet’s breed, age and ideal weight.
- Each household can receive no more than 50 pounds of pet food.
- The program is available to one applicant per household and applications can be denied for any reason at any time.
- You must live in the Greater Des Moines Metro area.
- You must have owned your pet(s) for at least six months. You may not add additional pets to your original application.
- Your household must follow the Des Moines limits for number of pets, which is currently a maximum of six.
- Pet(s) must be eight months or older.
- Pet(s) must show proof of spay/neuter by the second month of participating in the program. Learn More